Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AMIS Error/Named Properties Dump

Unity 4.0(3) SR1, Exchange 2000 sp3 off-box, Unified Messaging, single integration to CCM 3.3(3)sr4a.

Just completed a fresh install of 4.0(3), which went extremely well - had no problems whatsoever.

Have something happening every now and then in the application event log, and I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's happening...I get the following errors, always the same three right after another:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvMsg

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10041

Date: 2004/04/08

Time: 10:22:41

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Method CAvStateMachine::Execute failure from OnEntry (error=0x80040102) state [AMIS Call Setup].

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

Event ID: 10013

Description:

Transferred to FailSafe conversation while running conversation ConvAmisInbound on Port 1. See the following file for the contents of the Named Properties : D:\CommServer\Logs\\NPDump_20040408_102241.txt

Event ID: 10008

Description:

CAvCDEConvBase::Run() error from StateMachine::Execute() in conversation [ConvAmisInbound] on Device ID [1]

Here is corresponding Named Properties Dump file (phone numbers have been altered for this post):

Named Properties dump of conversation ConvAmisInbound, Port 1 (null)

AvAmis OBJECT : 0x13e619bc

AvPHGreet OBJECT : 0x08dfaa74

CallDeviceID STRING : 1

CallSetupTonesSent LONG : 0

CurEnt OBJECT : 0x01becc20

CurEntLoopCounter LONG : 2

FrameFunction LONG : 0

LastFrameFunction LONG : 0

Logger OBJECT : 0x00946e54

LoopKillerPreviousDohObject OBJECT : 0x01becc20

MailStoreType STRING : Exchange 2k

MailUser OBJECT : 0x01b24e88

MessageAttemptCount LONG : 0

PersistentProps OBJECT : 0x01ac4458

RetransmitCount LONG : 0

SysCurLocation OBJECT : 0x01bc72c0

bFirstXfr OTHER : 0x00000000

bXferPlayIntro OTHER : 0x0000ffff

lAutoAttendantSearchScope LONG : 0

lRepromptGreeting LONG : 0

lSwitchID LONG : 0

lXferPlayWhat LONG : 0

lXferRNAAction LONG : 1

lXferRings LONG : 4

strCallerID STRING : 7735551212

strDTMFAccessID STRING : 2165

strXferExtension STRING :

varObjectID OTHER : 0x14a83148

This is curious, because we don't use AMIS at all. I'm just wondering how these errors are coming about, and/or what users are doing to generate these errors, or even if this is something I should be worried about. I've seen them a few times before since the new install...I did see them once in awhile on our old 3.1.5 system, but there were so many things blown on that system I didn't even attempt to figure it out.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

TMH

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: AMIS Error/Named Properties Dump

We have a defect on this that is resolved in 3.1(6) and 4.0(1) and later:

CSCdy46761

Basically the system got an inbound call that that started with a DTMF tone 'C' which should only come from an AMIS call. Since the system isn't licensed for AMIS it halts the call because it can't accept it. Note that even with the resolved defect the calls themselves won't stop.

Now in 3.1(6) and 4.0(1) and later, if Unity receives an incoming AMIS call, it will proceed until the System Info frame is sent to it, then it will not find the delivery location for the sending system (since it doesn't have AMIS). This will result in Unity sending back *50 (not accepting calls), and terminating the AMIS session. It is up to the sending system to then disable future dial outs to the Unity server. Unity will also log an error to the event viewer stating that an incoming AMIS call failed because the location does not exist.

Hope this helps...

Keith

Re: AMIS Error/Named Properties Dump

Thanks for the info - yeah, I kinda figured it was something along those lines, but that does explain a lot. I'll see if I can hunt down the source of the calls.

TMH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content