cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

analog device connected to FXO port, caller ID

Chris Penny
Level 1
Level 1

I have Valcom door phones connected to a Valcom 2904 door controller. The Valcom controller is connected to my VoIP system via a FXO port on my 2921 router.

I'm using MGCP.

After configuring everything in the 2921 and in CUCM (8.6.2.20000-2), I can successfully press the button on the door phones and connect to the DN I want to. The only issue I have is on the called parties phone, the call comes in as an "unknown" caller. I cannot figure out how to assign a DN to the FXO port or have it send some sort of Caller ID so the called party knows the door phones are calling.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!                   

5 Replies 5

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Have you enabled caller ID on the endpoint config page? It's disabled by default.

Gareth

I did try to enable caller ID. When it was enabled, the call would not connect between the analog device and my targeted DN.

I tried via CUCM as you show and also tried via programming in the 2921.

I did see various other posts that suggested there was a known issue with caller ID and MGCP, but my understanding was it dealt with incoming caller ID to the device connected to the FXO port. I want the device that connects to the FXO port to provide caller ID to it's called party.

I thought maybe checking "Transmit UTF-8 for calling party name" would work, but it didn't. What field would it transmit for calling party name anyway.....the device description field?

Thanks Gareth!

Chris,

I had a quick look at the Valcom site, and it doesn't look like those door phones actually pass out a CallerID, just distinctive tones.

You might want to check with them before banging your head against the wall.

Gareth,

Too late.....already banging my head!!

Maybe I don't understand how the FXO port works.

I realize the Valcom devices don't send any CallerID. I was assuming there was a way I could program the FXO port to pass out a caller ID for anything that used the port to call out. If I were to hook a POTS phone to the FXO port, could I assign that phone an Extension number or DN in call manager or via the router config??

I have ATA187's and VG204's (FXS ports) that I can assign DN's to the analog devices I connect to. Is that because of the difference between FXS and FXO??

Chris... I feel your pain!

As far as I'm aware, an FXO can only receive CLID, not transmit but I'm not sure if there's a way around this or not.

I'm just wondering if there's anything on call manager that you can do. Are you using a route pattern for the dooor controller? Maybe a calling party transform mask?

Gareth