Views
Helpful
Replies

Another Unity Issue

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

got a strange one with Unity which I cant seem to clear either through PW, MSCW or resetting UMR Service.

I get this error in the event log, this is the only critical error I am getting. The strange thing about it is I get it every 16 or 17 minutes thats it, no other time. It happens all the time even during the night!

Does anyone know what is happening every 16 to 17 minutes between Unity and Exchange that would cause this?

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_UMR

Event Category: UMR Thread Error

Event ID: 134

Date: 2008/12/08

Time: 09:10:03

User: N/A

Computer: UNITYSERVER

Description:

The unaddressed messages distribution list() was not found in the database. Message that cannot be delivered to subscribers will be left in the Unity Message Repository, and not forwarded to this list.

I have looked at the Unity Error Message Finder and used all the docs it references but cant see a reason for it

Thanks

Paul

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paul,

Hope all is well with you!

It sounds like this;

Unaddressed Messages Distribution List

Messages that cannot be delivered because the network or a server assigned to a subscriber has gone off-line or is otherwise unavailable to the Cisco Unity server, or because the subscriber mailbox has exceeded the Prohibit Send and Receive limit specified for the mailbox in Exchange, are forwarded to the Unaddressed Messages distribution list. By default, this distribution list contains the Example Administrator as its only member.

To route these messages properly, verify that the Unaddressed Messages distribution list has at least one member (such as the operator) who will monitor the mailbox and handle messages that cannot be delivered. To add subscribers to the distribution list, do the "To Add Subscribers to the Unaddressed Messages Distribution List" procedure. For information about public distribution lists, refer to the "Managing Distribution Lists" chapter of the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.

Note that if the mailbox(es) of the subscriber(s) who are assigned to check the Unaddressed Messages list exceed the Prohibit Send and Receive storage limit that is specified in Exchange, any messages sent to the Unaddressed Messages distribution list are lost. To avoid this problem, specify a generous value for the Prohibit Send and Receive storage limit for the mailbox of at least one subscriber who is a member of the Unaddressed Messages list, and encourage the subscriber to distribute messages promptly so that the Exchange mailbox does not fill up. (To learn more about how Cisco Unity handles subscribers with full mailboxes, refer to the "How Cisco Unity Handles Full Mailboxes" section in the "Messaging and Default Accounts Overview" chapter of the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity.)

To Add Subscribers to the Unaddressed Messages Distribution List

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Administrator, go to any Subscribers > Public Distribution Lists page.

Step 2 Click the Find icon.

Step 3 Double-click the Unaddressed Messages distribution list.

Step 4 Change settings as applicable, and then click the Save icon.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/maintenance/guide/ex/5xcumge050.html#wp1067903

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

That pinpointed the aree exactly my friend , so thanks for that, This has reared another issue. I cant find the Example Admin to use as a destination of the Unaddressed messages. I have two unity servers one in Boston and one in Glasgow, its the latter that has the issue. So tried to add the EAdmin as is in the Boston server (different EAdmins as they are different domains)and the system cant find it, though if Isearch the subscribers its there...strange will let you know the outcome.

Many Thanks once again

Paul

Hey Paul,

You are most welcome my friend! Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Have you seen this before when you open the Distribution list, in the members section. You get the View, Add, Delete option. For some reason mine is greyed out not permitting me to add a subscriber to the distribution list. I am logged in as the UnityAdmin account, but I assume its greyed out for a permission issue. The admin account has the full admin privileges which I have reset.

Any idea what may casued them to be greyed out?

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul,

Sorry man, I have no great info for you here and I have not seen this. Here is the only reference that I could find;

Unable to Add Users in Public Distribution List

When you try to add users to a PDL through the Unity System Administration page, the add area is greyed out and you are unable to add users in the PDL.

Improper permission of the subscribers can cause this issue.

In order to resolve this issue, run the permission wizard from the Cisco Unity tools. Download the latest Permission Wizard from Cisco Unity Tools and run it.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Not a problem thanks for your help. But once again look like permissions issue. Will have to get the PW run again

Many thanks and take care

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: