cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Answering a DID call...

joemccann
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a little trouble getting Unity to answer an incoming DID call. I am using Callmanager 3.3(3) and Unity 4.0(3) being integrated by TSP version 7.0(3b). Occasionally a call will get through seemingly when the first coulple of voicemail ports are being utilized. However, 98% of the time the caller hears a short ring and an immediate fast-busy. If I configure Unity not to answer and let it roll to the next available port, then it works every time. Anybody seen this before?

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good morning -

My first thought is to check your ports and see if all are connected to CallManager. Also in CCM, check to make sure all of your ports are Forwarded Busy/No Answer to the next available port. Do this for all except the last port. Do you have any ports hung? We experienced a problem with a port hanging, same versions of software as you and we were hitting defect CSCed54449 and CSCed41828. The

workaround was to upgrade to Unity 4.03 sr1 and then apply ES64. But I would check with TAC on your specific application event log errors. If you have a hung port, you would be seeing some messages that indicate a port has been busy for xxxxx time as well as a message indicated the port has been disconnected from CCM. When you say an incoming DID call, is the caller calling a subscriber on your system and then being routed to voicemail? Or is the caller reaching an Automated Attendant call handler or something like that?

Hope that helps,

Ginger

P.S. Here is the diagnostic file I sent to Cisco for the hung port condition.

Are you using an MGCP gateway and how are the calls getting routed to Unity ? Are you using a translation pattern or using a CTI port ?

I am using an MGCP gateway. I am using a translation pattern. Do you have something specific in mind?

Check the service parameter "DisableAlertingPI". It needs to be TRUE.

That seems to have fixed my problem. A problem that Cisco TAC is still trying to resolve. Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: