cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to accomplish this?

buporter
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of migrating our users to Exchange 2003 and I just ran across an interesting scenario:

If I set up a rule in Outlook (Exchange) to move any incoming voicemails to a folder (not a folder in a PST, but a folder in my account housed on Exchange), the voicemail is no longer available via phone. When I check for voicemails via a phone I receive the "No new messages" message even though I never listened to the message in Outlook - it was simply moved to a different folder.

Is there any way to make an allowance for this whereby the messages are still available via phone even though they've been moved to a different folder?

Thanks in advance...

-Bud-

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Unity will only fetch (and more to the point filter and keep counts up to date) for the inbox itself - we can't iterate down into system folders other than deleted items. Keeping track of messages in multiple folders for notification purposes and parsing purposes would be a devestating performance hit for us... further, the fact that we would have to potentially iterate down into many folders would just make the problem worse (i.e. we'd have no idea how many system folders sites decided to use).

This just isn't something we can do from a practicality and performance standpoing. As such, if the message is not in the inbox (or in later versions the deleted items folder) it's not available to us.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Unity will only fetch (and more to the point filter and keep counts up to date) for the inbox itself - we can't iterate down into system folders other than deleted items. Keeping track of messages in multiple folders for notification purposes and parsing purposes would be a devestating performance hit for us... further, the fact that we would have to potentially iterate down into many folders would just make the problem worse (i.e. we'd have no idea how many system folders sites decided to use).

This just isn't something we can do from a practicality and performance standpoing. As such, if the message is not in the inbox (or in later versions the deleted items folder) it's not available to us.

Your explanation makes perfect sense.

I appreciate the reply...

-Bud-