cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Admin "Account has been locked" - Unable to Login to Web GUI

K L
Level 4
Level 4

I'm running into an issue with a fairly new CUCM 10.5 system. I installed it a couple days ago and have only some preliminary configuration on it. As of about an hour ago I am unable to login to the web GUI for no reason, it shows "Account has been locked" every time. I can login to the SSH and OS Admin pages, it's just the CM Administration page.

Any ideas?

----------------------------------------
Cisco UC Architect
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I ran in to this issue a short while ago as well.  I was trying to login to my recently upgraded IM&P server.  It was version 9.x and now my Unified CM and IM&P are both 10.5

IM&P now uses the Unified CM application username and password.  I locked the admin account because I was typing in the admin password for IM&P and not Unified CM.

I found the password lock out setting in Unified CM under menu options

User Management / User Settings / Credential Policy.

When I clicked find I only had one policy.  The Default Credential Policy which has the Lockout Duration set to 30 minutes. 

And now I wait, tick tock, tick tock...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

K L
Level 4
Level 4

I was eventually able to login via the Serviceability page, but I think the timeout to unlock finally hit.

I went in and created a new admin credential policy set not to lock out and applied it to my app admin account. I hope that clears this up and prevents it from happening in the future.

----------------------------------------
Cisco UC Architect

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I ran in to this issue a short while ago as well.  I was trying to login to my recently upgraded IM&P server.  It was version 9.x and now my Unified CM and IM&P are both 10.5

IM&P now uses the Unified CM application username and password.  I locked the admin account because I was typing in the admin password for IM&P and not Unified CM.

I found the password lock out setting in Unified CM under menu options

User Management / User Settings / Credential Policy.

When I clicked find I only had one policy.  The Default Credential Policy which has the Lockout Duration set to 30 minutes. 

And now I wait, tick tock, tick tock...