cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Integration - Microsoft Project

Ken Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had a chance to integrate MS Project with Cisco Unified Communications?

What I'm looking for is a easy way to have people log into MS Project Enterprise and when they bring a task to 100% (completed), MS Project will, through Cisco Unified Communications (Communications Manager 6.1 with Unity 7.x) place a call to the Project Manager and the next person (who was dependent on the just completed task) we've defined in the critical path with a notification message.

We have teams who work all hours and are geographic diverse. Additionally, project morph over time. While we can have a project meeting and everyone THINKS they know who they need to notify, the project may have changed and thus the critical path will have change.

I imagine that this can be done by integrating MS Project with MS Outlook and Cisco UC but that's more than I think would be necessary.

Thanks for any ideas.

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

MS reports that this integration will require a 'Media Gateway' and can't use the SIP trunk. The MS technician is trying to understand what it means, but it sounds to me as if the integration needs to be done using a back-to-back E1 trunk (MS 'Media Gateway' consists in Dialogic cards)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: