Views
Helpful
Replies

Arc Console Problem at remote site

VPMaharaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a recently installed the CM 4.2 cluster in Sydney. At Melbourne we have a Cisco 3825 voice gateway SRST router registered with the Sydney CM. We have the Arc server located at Sydney. The receptions at both the sites have got the Arc client installed on their pc's. At the Sydney the reception is happy however at Melbourne : when an external call comes in on the Arc console screen the receptionist has to click on the call twice to attend to it and the when she transfers it takes more time then necessary in comparison to Sydney. It appears that some sort of signalling between the melbourne arc console and the arc server in sydney is delaying things. I have ruled out qos and networking for the moment since everything else is working fine and the call quality is good. We have put the arc signalling between Melbn and Sydney to g711 since arc does not support g729 as we have not enabled the transcoder. Has anybody encountered anything similar before and knows the fix?

3 Replies 3

bennieg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I believe you have been speaking to our local Support team about this issue. Really, I would investigate the WAN traffic to start with:

Ensure the following TCP Ports are prioritised accross the LAN:

1859 - Arc TCP Port

2748 - Cisco TSP Port

Running the G711ulaw codec is a good move because the CCM CTI Ports dont support it (as you say)

Could it be the fact that the extra bandwidth required for g711 is slowing things down? Is it possible to enable a transcoder temporarily, and switch to g279+transcoding for a few test calls to see if this is quicker?

As you know, the Arc Server itself is "central", so if the problem was with the server, we would expect to see the problem with both Melbourne & Sydney. So this does hint towards a more remote connection based issue

Thanks

Bennie

Thanx Bennie for the reply and let me mention that Arc has been very suportive and cooperative in assisting us to resolve this issue.I am thinking along the same lines as you for the moment. We have prioritised the above ports as suggested by Arc. The Melbourne wan link currently is a 2M Frame Relay link with a 512k cir and it is to be upgraded to a 4M ethernet connection very shortly hence I am hoping that this might fix the problems mentioned above. I will keep Arc updated on the progress.

Thanks for the update - its good to get some postive feedback! :)

Let me know how you get on with the upgrade - if there's anything you need, you have our contact details!

Cheers