cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR on Unity Connection or UCCX?

kbrinker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who wants to offer keypad input or Voice Recognition (ASR) to their customers who call into their business trying to reach a specific employee or department.

I will be suggesting CUCM, CUC and UCCX servers to them. Unity Connection is needed for Integrated Mesaging and I see that it has an ASR feature, Speech Connect. The Contact Center will be simple with a queue or two for 6 agents and a Supervisor, but is needed in the Customer Service department for it's reporting capabilities such as queue wait times, call length, dollars spent on the call, CTI, etc... 

It seems that if I use Unity Connection Auto Attendant/Call Handlers/Directory handlers to answer the incoming calls, keypad or voice input could direct the call to any of the departments or employees.  One of those departments would be Customer Service where the UCCX would handle the queuing of the calls for agents. I am not really seeing the need for ASR once a customer gets into a queue in Customer Service.  As this is a competitive situation, if I don't need Nuance ASR server, it will keep the cost of my solution down.

My question is: would I be better off having a combination of UCCX and a Nuance ASR server answer the incoming calls or would the Unity Connection Auto Attendant with Speech Connection work just as well? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you dont expect the Customer Service team to grow significantly in future then Yes, CUC will do but UCCX is the expert kind of solution for the requirement.

In order to confirm, all the required functionalities are met by CUC alone, I would suggest simulating it in LAB first & then decide to buy just CUC. If any critical requirement is not met fully by CUC, then it's better to go with UCCX.

After looking at the cost, ofcourse decision is your's.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you dont expect the Customer Service team to grow significantly in future then Yes, CUC will do but UCCX is the expert kind of solution for the requirement.

In order to confirm, all the required functionalities are met by CUC alone, I would suggest simulating it in LAB first & then decide to buy just CUC. If any critical requirement is not met fully by CUC, then it's better to go with UCCX.

After looking at the cost, ofcourse decision is your's.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

I concur and the cost is not just ASR server, but implementation of the system which includes custom UCCX scripting, this would surely add significant cost to your quote.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: