Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Attendant Console 10.5 Standard - Unknown Caller

Full system upgrade from CUCM 6x to 9x.  Reception had used a legacy Attendant Console (v5.x).  We installed CUAC 10.5 Standard and all seems fine except caller-id.  Internally calls to reception display correctly on both the phone and CUAC client.  External calls display the correct Caller-ID on the 7960, but the CUAC shows "unknown caller.

Any idea where I should look to start troubleshooting this would be a big help.  First time using this 10.5 CUAC.

Thanks all.
Matt

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi Matt,I do not know  how

Hi Matt,

I do not know  how much this is going to help you but there seems to be bug.

CUAC Standard 10.5 will not update Caller ID between Offering and Answer
CSCup55383
Symptom:
In CUAC Standard 10.5 and prior, any inbound call which changes the caller ID will not be updated until the call is answered. 

In the logs we see the TAPI line start offering request is with some caller ID (for example a voicemail port). Immediately after the offering message if we get a accepted message or call state message with updated caller ID, the client will NOT display the caller ID change until they answer the call.

Conditions:
None

Workaround:
None

Known Affected Releases:
(1)

regds,

aman 

I just did an upgrade from

I just did an upgrade from CUCM 6x to 10x and legacy AC to CUACS and had this exact same "problem."

Turns out you just need to read the fine print:

"If Unknown Caller is displayed, the caller name has not been found."

Source: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuacs/11_0_1/install_admin_guide/CUACS110101GUIDE.pdf

To test this out, I just created a new Directory Group with a new Contact as my cell phone number, and then called back in and the Unknown Caller changed to my Contact name.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content