cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATTENTION!!!!! MICHAEL's BOOK: DEPLOYING CISCO UNIFIED PRESENCE IS A MUST!

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I just want to take a moment to inform you that this book "Deploying Cisco Unified Presence" by Hou Tong Luo (Michael) is a MUST for any IPT Engineer/consultant.

With very limited documentation on deploying and integrating presence into our voice network, this book does an excellent job in:

Understanding the technology,

Understanding the underlying components in presence,

Installing CUPS, configuring CUPS, Configuring CUCM for CUPS, Configuring CUPS for OCS, Configuring OCS for CUPS to use RCC,

Licensing, Certificates (for those of us with very little background on CAs)

CUPS and CUPC features such as softphone and desk phone, calendering and integrating CUPS with other applications such as LDAP, Unity, Unity Connection,MPX,

It gives numerous examples with screen shots, which makes our lives easier.

Another area where Michael did an excellent job are the sections on troubleshooting.

Numerous troublsehooting tools were sited (trust me some you never knew existed)with links to where to download them and how to use them.

The book also covers integration with Microsoft OCS. Michael did an excellent job on troubleshooting OCS! I found this extremely useful!

So guys, our prayers have been answered! I bet this book will be a companion for any presence related project you want to embark on! It is brilliant! I have not dropped it since I picked it up 3 days ago! It does not even cost a fortune! All of this for less than £30 pounds! You must get yourself a copy!

You can pick your copy here

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

or

Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Deploying-Cisco-Unified-Presence-HouTong/dp/0557039533/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234964943&sr=1-1

Good luck with presence as it re-defines the way we collaborate in the work place!

Please rate all useful posts
3 Replies 3

Hi Degi,

Thanks for these helpful information

While me reading, I guess my self that i will find the book at the end of the tread :D

I'll try to have it sure

Thanks for your information

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Thank you very much for the great comments. I'd appreciate it if you could copy/paste your review at lulu.com and Amazon.com so more people can see it.

Again, feedback (either good or bad) motivates people to improve :)

Michael

Michael,

I already put this review on lulu.com as thats where I bought it from.

It is a great book and people should know about it. Well done! You are shaping our creers....Thank you for all your help and great work here.

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: