cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AudioText Manager - unable to play/record greetings

John Gage
Level 1
Level 1

I have used AudioText Manager for the last year without any issues.  A recent workstation upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has resulted in losing the ability to play or record greetings.  I get a .NET error when clicking the Play/Edit button for a specific greeting.  Error: (error) in [DownloadWAVFile] on [myWebFunctions]: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I am using AudioText 1.0.0.37 - I believe this is the first version to work on Win10.

Unity 9.1.2 - no changes since last time AudioText worked.

I tried a fresh install of the IBM driver and AudioText Manager on another Win10 machine that had never had either installed, same problem.  So that seems to eliminate anything going wonky during the Win10 in place upgrade.

26 Replies 26

jj2212
Level 1
Level 1

did you get an answer to this problem? I'm having the same issue but on Windows 7 professional. I have a TAC case open but not getting any help there.

I did have the program working properly on a Win7 Pro workstation.  I followed the instructions as found in the documentation and videos here - http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

Tried disabling UAC and Windows Firewall - no change.  Program runs properly until I try to record a greeting then it crashes.  I've gone back to the Java solution for now but really would like AudioText functionality again.  Thanks for the suggestions.

I've had a TAC case for the last 2 months now. the latest thing the had me try was:

Doing research online about the error that we are getting

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the  application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the  application will close immediately"

Found that around 2 months ago, Microsoft no longer supports sha1 , which is the authentication method  that many tools use to connect .

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2016/04/29/sha1-deprecation-roadmap/#twV1aVc2F9itDF2b.97

It didn't work me us, but maybe it will work for you

gagarg2
Level 1
Level 1

1. On Your PC: Go to User Account Control Settings (Start Menu - > UAC) and make it never notify.

2. Disable windows firewall.

Check if this helps.

No change in behavior but thanks for the suggestion.

Andy Hermes
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue. Windows 10 (10.0.10586). Crashes with the same error. 

spclizd01
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a work-around for this issue?

blaine.priddy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting similar crashes with the current newest version (build 39).  Crashes upon attempt to open recorder view.  I get .NET error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and separate error that requires me to force-close the application from Task Manager:

testing 1.0.42 on Windows 10 today against multiple Connection servers (versions 11.5 and 10.0) - uploading pre recorded media (i.e. wav files from the Windows media folder) as well as items recorded via the microphone worked fine for call handlers and users both.

I'll need some more information to work with here... what Windows client are you running on?  What version of Unity Connection are you attaching to? 

jeff.singh
Level 1
Level 1

hello

just a general question re audio text manager - can you or cant you upload wav files for call handlers. I keep getting errors when using tools>insert>overwrite with sound file  throws up an error when saving. 

ATM can upload all recordings (voice names, greetings for handlers or users) - I just tested 1.0.42 on Windows 10 against 11.5 and a 10.0 Connection server and was able to upload pre recorded wav files and recorded media via microphone for voice names, greetings for users and handlers - no issues.

This is the error from the AudioTextManager_log when I try to save the wav file onto Unity connection 10.5 From AudioText Manager on a Windows 8 machine.

2017/10/16 03:58:52: (error) in EditAudioOnlyGreeting on frmEditGreetingRule:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2017/10/16 03:58:53: Error uploading WAV file for greeting to the remote server in EditAudioOnlyGreeting:

jumping onto the end of an old thread isn't normally a good idea - always best to start a new thread.  Also, I'll need to know what version of ATM you're using here - I've done about 150 greeting and voice name updates in the last two days against 6 or 7 versions of Connection without issue, so in general the odds of this being a missed item in the application itself is slim.

Also, details on what you're uploading (i.e. did you record your own audio - if so can I get a copy of the WAV file you're trying?).  If you're recording with a microphone and then uploading that'd be good info as well.

Finally, what, exactly, were you recording?  A voice name?  Greeting on a handler or user? Question on an interview handler? 

Sorry, this is my first time using this forum, i just saw your the post you made was only a few days old so I thought I just add to it.

I'm using the newest version of ATM 1.0.0.43.  Everything else work, i can create call handler and assign what the number does.  The only problem is recording.  It doesn't matter if it's Voice Name or Greeting I still get the same problem.  I try both recording from the ATM and uploading a file that I downloaded from my CUE auto attendant but both won't work.

I even open a TAC case but they couldn't give me a solution, they just asked me to get a older version of Java and got Media Master to work on my IE browser. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: