Views
Helpful
Replies

Authenticating CCM PIN from external App

kkhanis
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way for an external Application that we have created to validate a user according the the CCM End user userid and PIN.

As far as i can see, the PIN is stored in an encrypted format. Are there any available APIs or methods that we could use to still authenticate via this PIN?

Thanks,

Kamran

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, I am afraid it does not work this way. Passwords and PINs are salted, probably with a dynamic string and the result is stored as an SHA-1 hash.
Why do you want to authenticate against the DB directly? You can use the authentication URL (for passwords, though AFAIK).
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello,

Just to clarify, I wasnt trying to retreive the PIN etc. Just needed the application to authenticate using the PIN.

Ive actually found a doAuthenticateUser method that we can use to authenticate as part of the WSDL that should do the trick:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8912195/example-doauthenticateuser-request-message-in-cucm-8-5-axlapi

Hmm, that's nice. That would do the work.

Thanks for posting back the result.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: