cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto answer when busy with MOH

oneill-james
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be able to set two phones in our reception to be autoanswered when busy and go straight to an MOH message.

At the moment calls are being dropped when someone calls, if the receptionist is busy.

I want to be able to keep them on hold until the receptionist is free. I also want them to hear a MOH while they are on hold.

When the receptionist is free they can then pick the call up straight away.

Is it possible to automatically answer AND put someone straight on hold?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was hoping you were going to say something ending in Attendant Console. UC Manager cannot do this without some help from another application; it is purely a soft switch.

For better or worse the best solution is probably one of the Cisco Unified [Business/Enterprise] Attendant Console products. Starting in version 8.0.3.9 it is capable of putting the call on hold automatically until an operator answers or the maximum wait time is met.

Other options:

• Unity is capable of doing a supervised transfer - such as to a hunt group of your receptionists - from a call handler. The caller will hear MoH while the transfer is in progress.
  • Contact Center Express can either queue the call with it's ACD subsystem; or, do a similar supervised transfer that Unity is capable of.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Listing what products and versions you have would help us answer.

LOL phones.

Yes it would Jonathan !!

Its call manager 8 that we have here.

We are trying to configure this on the standard 7941 phones.

I was hoping you were going to say something ending in Attendant Console. UC Manager cannot do this without some help from another application; it is purely a soft switch.

For better or worse the best solution is probably one of the Cisco Unified [Business/Enterprise] Attendant Console products. Starting in version 8.0.3.9 it is capable of putting the call on hold automatically until an operator answers or the maximum wait time is met.

Other options:

• Unity is capable of doing a supervised transfer - such as to a hunt group of your receptionists - from a call handler. The caller will hear MoH while the transfer is in progress.
  • Contact Center Express can either queue the call with it's ACD subsystem; or, do a similar supervised transfer that Unity is capable of.

A line group with broadcast would also let them hearing MOH while someone picks the call

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Since when? I just tried this on an 8.0(3) UCM cluster and received ringback, not MoH.

Let me doublecheck, unless I was thinking about something else .

Need some coffe LOL, not a Monday person.

EDIT: nevermind, I just remembered it was the AC with broadcast which had queuing and put calls on hold. You could do some queuing Unity but it would ask every minute if you want to keep on hold or leave a message, not sure if that would work for you?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate