Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant call handler

akoukis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I want to create the following Auto Attendant to my customer:

"Hello you reach the X company.If you know the extension dial it know or press 0 to reach the operators". I tried to do it by creating a directory handler but the Search Criteria are only with first,last name or last,first name it does n' t give me any option to do search by extension.

I using Cisco Unity Connection 1.2, I know that is a sample Sample Script on CUE which call it "Dial by Extension".How I can made it the same on CUC 1.2?

Regards

Anestis Koukis

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

To transfer a call from a call handler to an operator's IP phone when callers press 0, you need to select the Send Caller option Yes, ring subscriber's extension. Select the operator subscriber. In the operator subscriber, under the Call Transfer option in Subscribers, select Yes, ring message recipient's extension.

To prevent this, the default subscriber template must be modified. To do this, go to Subscriber > Subscriber Template > Call Transfer.

Under Transfer incoming calls to subscriber's phone?, check one of these options:

Yes, ring subscriber's extension

Yes, ring subscriber at this number

Save the setting and all subscribers created with the template. With the proper configuration, calls are transferred to the subscriber's phone instead of going directly into voice mail.

If the subscriber has already been created, you can modify this setting for an individual subscriber by going to Subscriber > Subscribers > Call Transfer and checking one of these options:

Yes, ring subscriber's extension

Yes, ring subscriber at this number (enter extension to ring)

You can use the BulkEdit utility to modify several subscribers at once.

Once the Call Transfer setting is modified, all calls are transferred to the subscriber's phone instead of going directly into voice mail.