Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-Attendant & Call Transfer

abuatiya
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have problem to transfer call from the auto-attendant opening greeting to any extension except for operator.

when my greeting is opening it ask to press 0 for operator or dial the extension u wish to reach.

This is the sceraion;

1. I created CTI route point on CallManager with extension 8000 ( key number for the company)

2. I forward all calls on the CTI route point to Unity Pilot

3. On unity , i created the call handler with extension 8000

4. i modify the caller input as per requiremnts.

The problem im facing is so strange because after the greeting when the caller tryed to dial any extension he will get "Extension XXX is not available"

Note : my refernce was the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801e6ef6.shtml

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Extension xxx is not avaiable, but is going to the greeting for this 8000 mailbox, or is Unity saying it cant find this subscriber in the system and errors?

Im trying to read this again here... so maybe you are getting the greeting for 8000 in the Call Handler correct? Then the caller must in put an extension to dial the person they wish to call correct?

Two things here:

- If the "free dialing" after or during the greeting, Unity looks right at its directory. If the number is not listed, you will get this error you are getting

- if you want dial a subscriber, it should do a transfer to that number. (release to switch if the number is in Unity subscriber directory)

*** IF the number is not in the subscriber directory in Unity, but on CallManager, you have to make a custom greeting during your AA. For instance... "You have reached company xyz..if you know your parties number, please press 1."

Caller Input 1 should go to "System Transfer" Unity lady will then say. "enter the number you wish to transfer to". Unity will then simply do a system transfer back to the PBX or CallManager or whatever you are running and give these digits to the system.

You may have to check your COS or Restrictions table. If the digit is restricted, this will prevent transfers also.

good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Extension xxx is not avaiable, but is going to the greeting for this 8000 mailbox, or is Unity saying it cant find this subscriber in the system and errors?

Im trying to read this again here... so maybe you are getting the greeting for 8000 in the Call Handler correct? Then the caller must in put an extension to dial the person they wish to call correct?

Two things here:

- If the "free dialing" after or during the greeting, Unity looks right at its directory. If the number is not listed, you will get this error you are getting

- if you want dial a subscriber, it should do a transfer to that number. (release to switch if the number is in Unity subscriber directory)

*** IF the number is not in the subscriber directory in Unity, but on CallManager, you have to make a custom greeting during your AA. For instance... "You have reached company xyz..if you know your parties number, please press 1."

Caller Input 1 should go to "System Transfer" Unity lady will then say. "enter the number you wish to transfer to". Unity will then simply do a system transfer back to the PBX or CallManager or whatever you are running and give these digits to the system.

You may have to check your COS or Restrictions table. If the digit is restricted, this will prevent transfers also.

good luck!

Hi,abuatiya

Did you fix this problem? I have the same issue here.

hello ,

Yes i solve it . I configure CTI route point for each opening greeting . You can follow the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801e6ef6.shtml

If you have any inquiry let me know

Good Luck