Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Auto Attendant with CUE - need IVR license or not?

Hi,

We are going to deploy Auto Attendant with Unity Express. Could anyone tell me if we have to purchase IVR license or not?

I myself think that we need only Unity Express port licenses to use for both voice mail and Auto Attendant. But it is just my thought and I am not sure about it.

Thanks,

Hoanghiep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

You would need IVR license only if you want advanced IVR license functionalities like Email Managment, Document Management etc. Otherwise its port license which is sufficient to work with basic AA functionalities.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes you need to have IVR license. Please refer the below link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1065047

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.M

-Rate helpful posts..

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Auto Attendant with CUE - need IVR license or not?

Gnaneswaran M wrote:

Hi,

Yes you need to have IVR license. Please refer the below link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1065047

That is incorrect. From  document linked above:

Note

You do not need to purchase IVR session licenses if you are only planning on using voicemail and auto attendant with basic IVR applications. IVR session licenses are only required if your application contains advanced IVR features such as email, fax, database access or VXML scripts.

Hello,

Hello,

And do we need the mailbox license "FL-CUE-MBX-5" if we only need to deploy auto-attendant ? or the Unity Express License - 2 Port is enough ?

Thanks,

Sabine Mattar

Hall of Fame Super Gold

No IVR license is needed for AA.

All is explained in the Release Notes.

Cisco Employee

You would need IVR license only if you want advanced IVR license functionalities like Email Managment, Document Management etc. Otherwise its port license which is sufficient to work with basic AA functionalities.

Views
Helpful
Replies