cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant with CUE - need IVR license or not?

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are going to deploy Auto Attendant with Unity Express. Could anyone tell me if we have to purchase IVR license or not?

I myself think that we need only Unity Express port licenses to use for both voice mail and Auto Attendant. But it is just my thought and I am not sure about it.

Thanks,

Hoanghiep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gkannapp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need IVR license only if you want advanced IVR license functionalities like Email Managment, Document Management etc. Otherwise its port license which is sufficient to work with basic AA functionalities.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes you need to have IVR license. Please refer the below link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1065047

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.M

-Rate helpful posts..

Gnaneswaran M wrote:

Hi,

Yes you need to have IVR license. Please refer the below link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1065047

That is incorrect. From  document linked above:

Note

You do not need to purchase IVR session licenses if you are only planning on using voicemail and auto attendant with basic IVR applications. IVR session licenses are only required if your application contains advanced IVR features such as email, fax, database access or VXML scripts.

Hello,

And do we need the mailbox license "FL-CUE-MBX-5" if we only need to deploy auto-attendant ? or the Unity Express License - 2 Port is enough ?

Thanks,

Sabine Mattar

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No IVR license is needed for AA.

All is explained in the Release Notes.

gkannapp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need IVR license only if you want advanced IVR license functionalities like Email Managment, Document Management etc. Otherwise its port license which is sufficient to work with basic AA functionalities.

How about experts,

I am offering my client a CME with CUE with 20 Telefonos 7821, my question is,
For CUE to work and have a welcome message (for example, the message says "Thank you for calling XXX if you know the extension number, please mark it or wait on the line that the operator will take care of")
Do I have to have the CUE-IVR license?
I am considering CUE-VM which is for the voice boxes of 10 users who have requested,
My question is whether for a welcome message when they call the main line I require that CUE-IVR license?

Since a Cisco Unity Connection does not require this, you can load "N" audios and choose the one you want as your welcome audio on your phone line.

I hope you can help me.

regards
Carlos P.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: