cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

auto attendant

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

I wanted to ask a question to see if anyone has seen this problem before.I have an offic in Ohio and when you call you get the auto attendant which answers the call and guides you to where you want to be. But some times when uses call they get the generic Cisco Unity VM prompt to leave a message. I called and thested it myself and they are right, the first time i called I got the generic VM prompt. I hung up and called right back and got the pre configured auto attendant. It's like hit and miss and I don't know what's causing this with the auto attendant so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreicate it and thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Scooter,

I would try this Tool from the excellent suite of Unity Tools to have a look

to see what info is passed to Unity Connection on a successful and failed attempt

when the AA # is being called;

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the call flow when you reach the leave VM message and what's it like when you get the AA??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Scooter,

I would try this Tool from the excellent suite of Unity Tools to have a look

to see what info is passed to Unity Connection on a successful and failed attempt

when the AA # is being called;

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob

Matt McAuley
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like a bug but more info is required.

Have your rebooted the hosts?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

I believe that Rob has the right idea for this question. The key is to figure out what is different in the two call flows or to see if the call info is different from one call to the next. The reason why one call would take you to the auto attendant and one would not is all about the call info. If Unity Connection recognizes the called extenstion it will route it to the correct prompt. If it doesn't recognize the number we play opening greeting and the system will require more information before we get them to the correct prompt.

The good news is that you have a working and a nonworking example. You just need to compare them and this will tell you what is happening. Port Status Remote Monitor will show that call info so try that out and let us know what you get.

Good Luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: