Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Automating Account Provisioning

Unity 4.0(5, VM only with Centrex integration, separate Exchange and AD servers. I am getting quite a bit of pressure from my Operations dept. to automatic account provsioning. We will have a fairly large deployment with ~6400 users. Has anyone come up with a way to automate management of accounts?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Automating Account Provisioning

A number of sites do this directly through stored procedures we expose in SQL for adding, updating and deleting subscribers - the synchronization with AD/Exchange is done automatically for you when using these stored procs.

They aren't TAC supported yet (Connection will be the first release that supports limited provisioning interfaces) but they are the same interfaces. I have code samples and documentation on how to do just this type of thing out on www.CiscoUnityTools.com if you're interested in taking a look.

I've worked with several fairly large installs that do their own provisioning hooks using this and so far no unsatisfied customers other than a couple that really wanted a SOAP interface to work through (comming in Connection).

Views
Helpful
Replies