cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automating Unity GUSI tool

mvarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Does anyone know if there is an easy way to automate the generation of a GUSI report in Unity? Looking for a way to force the GUSI tool to dump a report to a txt file in a specific location on a weekly basis. Was considering the possibility of doing this with windows scheduler and possibly using command switches to for the txt file to be generated automatically. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Recent versions of GUSI can already do this - run it with the "/silent" command line option and it'll kick out the CAB file to the commserver\SystemInfo\ folder automatically.

Hi,

I noticed right after I posted that this already works with the "silent" switch. Any way to change the output directory it dumps to when run automatically?

thanks,

Mark

mvarni
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I just found that it works when I use the /silent command switch. HOWEVER, does anyone know how to make it dump the file to a different location?

There's no option for a custom dump location - if you can call it remotely you should be able to fish the CAB file from that folder I'd think...

I don't really have cycles to have a custom target location added from the command line at this point - too many other brands in the first.

OK,

NO problem we'll come up with a script to move it or something. Basically we are going to dump a GUSI cab along with our DIRT backups to an off box network location so we were looking to automate the GUSI part of it but the silent switch will suffice.

thanks much

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: