Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BARS backup of CRS stuck at staging CRS target

I have a customer running CRS 4.0.5 (Build042)and their callmanagers are running 4.1(3)sr4b. BARS version is 4.0.11 on both boxes. The CCM Pub is the backup server and the CRS box is a backup target. When I start a manual backup the backup stops at "Staging Cisco Customer Response Solutions target (IP)." I have a backup scheduled for tonight to see if this issue occurs with scheduled backups also. CSA and antivirus programs are not running on the CRS server. I'm backing up to a network share. The backup log shows that there is 43 GB of space on the backup server to stage the CRS backup so I have plenty of space. Can anyone tell me why this backup is failing?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: BARS backup of CRS stuck at staging CRS target

To solve your problem you have to do following steps:

By going to BARS admin > Backup now > click on "View Latest Status", the status bar keeps refreshing every 5 seconds, as if it was still trying to perform the backup.

Re: BARS backup of CRS stuck at staging CRS target

I was viewing the status and the backup was not being performed. The status window only displayed a line stating that the crs backup was being staged on the backup server. It was stuck at this line for over an hour. I opened a case with Cisco TAC and the trace files were showing this was stuck in a loop once it reached the staging status. No one came up with a solution, so I obtained a maintenance window from the customer and reinstalled BARS which resolved the issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content