cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Being able to dial from Outlook contacts

king-michael
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to dial straight from a contact within Outlook? Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's nothing Unity-related that would allow you to dial a contact directly like that - you may try out on the IP telephony forum, there may be a TAPI plug in or the like that can help you here...

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

I thing you could do something like that with CM3.3.3

Martin

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

Yes it is in the ip telephony forum.

Though here is your answer in case you dont find it.

Setting up Outlook to Dial IP Phones

1) Download AV Cisco tsp from Cisco website.

2) Install TSP on local workstation

3) After installation go to control panel open Phone and Modem options

4) Click on advanced tab

5) Double click on CiscoTSP

6) Click on the User tab (Put in your username and password, this must match the username information that is entered callmanager for your ccmuser account. If this does not match this will not work)

7) Click on CTI Manager tab and put in ip address of publisher in Primary CTI Manager Location and the ip of subscriber in Backup CTI Manager Location.

8) Apply settings and close out of control panel.

9) Open Outlook click on contacts

10) Choose a contact with whom you want to call. Click on dial from the toolbar choose number (Business, home, mobile) Click on dial properties and choose the Cisco line.

11) If you do not see Cisco line,try restarting outlook. You should be able to scroll through the different types of lines.

12) Once you have chosen the Cisco line click ok.

13) Choose start call and you should be all set.

You have described exactly what I would like to accomplish. However, once I get this working, it never seems to work again after rebooting. I check all settings and might finally get it to work again after 30 minutes of messing around (like uninstalling, reinstalling CiscoTSP, rebooting restarting Outlook, everything I can think of) Sorry, I can't remember exactly what I've done to get it working since it takes so long and so many desparate actions. Has anyone ever had this happen and know the resolution?

astone98
Level 1
Level 1

You may want to look at the Outlook Dialer application from Netelligent. It provides a simple client setup and integration with Outlook to allow automatic dialing from Outlook and does not require the installatin of Cisco TSP on the client.

The following link provides a data sheet on the product, release notes, and you can download a trial version:

https://www.netelligent.com/ordering/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: