Views
Helpful
Replies

Best practice to Change Dial plan?

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer has made plenty of misdialed 911 calls so they want to change the dial plan. They have CUCM, CUC and UCCX .. I will try to suggest putting a delay for 3 sec or so and blocking 911! or 911!# translation pattern .. but in case if they do want to change their dial out number.. what's the best practice for this? I tried looking for a suggestion or document but couldn't find it... at this point I can only think of copying existing RP's and change the dial out number to 8 and if required if they will have an H.323 gateway then might require configuration on dial peers... Any suggestion on this is appreciated? Thanks

2 Replies 2

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vishal,

If 911 is being dialed accidentally, you can try configuring a 9.911 or 911# route pattern. 9.911 will  require you to change the destination pattern and forward digit settings on dial-peer or you can actually strip it on cucm itself and will not require a change on dial-peers. Other than that you need to check your dial-plan and see if there are any router patterns that are overlapping with 911 you can try editing them as well by changing the first digit for those route patterns to something other than 9.

HTH

Manish