cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best practices for locking Caller input

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

We have 600 users with about 50 call handlers. I am running Unity 4.0(5) Should I lock the caller input keys to Yes for all keys especially the Ignored keys. The exception would be the Dial by Directory. I am looking for a best practice. The reason is that we are getting a lot of voicemail messages in our Example Administrator voicemails and I am trying to figure out a way to stop it.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I doubt the key locking is going to have any relationship to messages left in your example administrator mailbox - generally locking keys down is only used in sites where you want to not allow callers to "free dial" subscriber extensions at all - in other words force them to only select the one key options for the audiotext trees you have created and nothing else - this is generally pretty rare.

More likely the example administrator mailbox is getting messages in the after hours call handling or the operator mailbox - these are common. Make sure you've got a "real" subscriber setup as the message receipient for the example interview handler and in the unaddressedMessages public distribution list and as the message recipient on the operator call handler - these three places accound for %99 of unwanted messages coming into the example administrator mailbox.

You can also use the Audio Text Manager application to find all references to the Example Administrator subscriber account and find other areas calls may be coming in - you do this by right clicking on the subscriber in the list tab and selecting "dependency report" and it dumps the list out.

It's unlikely that users are dialing the 99999 extension of the example subscriber account and leaving a message that way so locking keys in the caller input section for your call handlers is probably not going to help out the problem at hand...

I am looking at the Audio Text manager in the Tools Depot. I can't figure out to find the references. Can you help me out?

I figured it out. I had to upgrade my audio text manager from www.ciscounitytools.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: