Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking user from calling a destination already configured on his CSS

alkalidi_al
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How can we prevent user from calling a destination that is already configured in his calling search space? Somebody could say that you can remove the partition that contains that destination from the user CSS. But this action prevents all users that use the same CSS from calling that destination. (Destinations include all onNet numbers and route patterns)

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

create a specific route pattern for the destination you want to block and create a new CSS only for that user, add the pattern that blocks the destination and assign the CSS to that user.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks for replying. The problem is that i need to ban destinations for several users depending on some billing criteria (if any user exceeds the credit assigned for some destination i need to prevent that user from calling this destination) and making CSS for each user is inefficient in this case. Any Idea?

Thanks,

unfortunately CUCM does not have that billing/blocking per call capability you're looking for, i know some guys have developed (or tried to) some customs applications trying to achieve this but you cannot do this just with CUCM, i believe they did this using TCL scripts but i'm not really familiar with that. you can look within NetPro for previous posts on the same topic to get some more info

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: