cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast mailbox error Unity 4.0(5)

rutoe
Level 1
Level 1

After DisasterRecoveryRestore from a old to a new Server, with a new Unity installation, I get this error in Application Event Viewer.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_BMsgConnector

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10005

Description:

The CsBMsgConnector service encountered a problem accessing the Broadcast Messaging mailbox for this server. No incoming broadcast messages will be delivered locally until this is corrected. Examine the directory and/or mailstore for this mailbox to ensure it exists and is functioning. [Thread 0x00000780].

But I can't find the mailbox name on the old Server, what can I do to solve this problem?

6 Replies 6

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Restart the CsBMsgConnector Service and ensure that the sevice "Logs on as" UnityMsgStoreSvc.

I have tried to restart CsBMsgConnector Service and Logs on is UnityMsgStoreSvc

but I still get the fault.

Check the Exchange Mailbox Store for a mailbox, or lack thereof.

The AD properties for this account may show Exchange attributes, but there may be no mailbox.

I had to do a procedure last night to create the AvCsMgr mailbox...it involved deleting tables from the SQL database and running \CommServer\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe to re-sync the mailbox store and create the missing mailbox.

I fear something similar here.

I am working on the exact same problem today...I'll let you know what I find out.

lschulte
Level 1
Level 1

I found this procedure on another thread...worked like a champ.

1. Posted by: mhuffman@cott.com - Senior Technical Analyst, Cott Corporation - Jun 19, 2005, 9:45am PST

I ended up deleting the USBms_ account from AD and purged the mailbox ( E2003 ). I found a stored procedure in the Unity SQL database called sp_MakeBroadcastMbox. Using the Data Link Explorer utility (CUDLE) I executed it and it updated a table. Now the error has vanished and things seem to be working again.

This worked a treat for me too. Top job, thanks.

Me too, thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: