cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk add for JTAPI application user in UCM 7

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone know of a way to bulk add devices for ownership to an Application User in UCM 7?  This is for JTAPI control.  We have over 1000 devices we want the JTAPI App User to own and control for Ops Manager.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could use the AXL API or use the AXL Sql Toolkit to push the change in as a series of SQL inserts to the applicationuserdevicemap table...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That's a decent solution, thanks.  But my customer was looking for a way to do this in BAT since that is their experience.  I think you could do this with a BAT file and Phone Update but I'm not sure if the BAT insert for the User ID or Owner User ID would see the Application users as well as the General Users.

Does anyone know if the BAT insert would read or "see" the Application Users as a valid entry?

Yeah, sorry - assumed you'd realised BAT wouldn't do it and that's why you posted..

The other way would be to export the app users using the BAT export/import function, open the tar file, edit the CSV and re-import it; however with that many device associations you'd need to have something that could handle thousands of columns (i.e. not excel).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!