Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Changing Unified Messaging Account Unity Connection 8.6.2

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

Version -- Unity Connection 8.6.2

I am looking for a way to bulk change the Unified Messaging Account for all 13000 users.  My company has migrated from exchange 2003 in domain ABC.com to Exchange 2010 in domain XYZ.com.

The AD user accounts will stay in domain ABC.com.  Domain XYZ.com will simply be a resouce domain with Exchange 2010 in it.

The option is greyed out when i tried via the Users / Bulk Edit button.

I have also experimented with Tools / Bulk Administration Tool.  For Bulk Administration Tool i did an export for Users, Users with Mailboxs, Users from LDAP and Unified Messaging Accounts.

The Unified Messaging Accounts was the only export file I saw that contained the Data i wanted to change. i.e. The Unified Messaging Account.

I replaced the name of the existing Unified Messaging Account (Production 2003) with the name of the new Unified Messaging Account (

Production 2010) and tried to import back in.

Import failed with error:

"Failure Reason",subscriberalias,servicedisplayname,optionalserviceaccountid,umemailaddress,emailaddressusecorp,enablecalendar,enablemeeting,enablembxsynch,enabletts,isprimarymeetingservice,logintype,userid,userprofilenumber

"Could not find a unified messaging accounts with columns: subscriberalias = dhopewel, servicedisplayname = Production Exchange 2010 and optionalServiceAccountID: 24b077f3-a83d-4736-96fc-5af2a4338443|",dhopewel,Production Exchange 2010,24b077f3-a83d-4736-96fc-5af2a4338443,dhopewel@xxx.com,1,0,0,1,0,0,0,,

4 Replies 4

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can help you with this.

You are correct that you cannot change the UM service with BulkEdit so we will use Bulk Administration to fix this.

If the users already have a UM service use these steps.

1. Create a user with the correct UM service to use as our template.

2. Use Bulk Admin to export out all the users with UM accounts. This file will contain users with the old UM service and our example user with the new UM service.

3. This is where I will create a test file where I cut out all of the old UM service users except for 10 accounts who I will use to perform a test update with. Just have a copy of our file from step 2 so we still have the full list fo 13k users handy.

-Use the example user as our template and update 10 test users with the new UM service in the

'serviceDisplayName' field and leave the data in 'OptionalServiceAccountID' field blank. No need to change any other fields.

-At this point you should have a file where you have only the 10 test users with the new UM service ready to update.

4. Use Bulk Admin to delete the UM service from the users in our test file.

5. Use Bulk Admin to create the UM accounts in our test file. If it worked please check the settings from the UC admin page or start testing by leaving voicemails on the system and see if they are delievered to the correct Exchange environment.

6. Once you are happy with the test results, you will be able to replicate the steps for the other users to get everyone running on the new UM service account.

On a side note, the key here is that anytime you need to change a UM service you must delete it from the user before you can add the new service.

The UM Bulk Admin fields are listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmacappa.html#wp1117424

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good Luck.

Hi Bradley,

I tried this steps for Bulk Changing UM Service account. The accounts are imported with right settings, but they can't establish the connection with Exchange 2010. This is what I get.

Thank you,

Hardik

Hi Bradley,

never mind the question i just asked you. I didn't have the user imported in Exchange 2010, duh!!. It all works now by following your guidelines. Thank you.

Hardik

Thanks Brad,

I finally figured out that you need to remove the UM Accounts before you can change them. I would think the "Update" would do that but it would of been too easy.The other thing that got me was that you needed to leave the  'OptionalServiceAccountID' blank. Once I changed that and re-ran the edit, I was able to delete the users. So in order to "update" users with different UM Accounts, you need to basically create to files...1 to remove their old services, and 1 to add the new service.

Thanks again