cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk delete Enduser Primary & IPCC Extension possible?

whosjohnnyt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to bulk delete / reset to <None> to Enduser's Primary Extension and IPCC Extension?  In the BAT User Update Custom File, I tried NULL,&lt;None>, nothing helps.

I read somewhere there may be some fancy database query but I couldn't find it anymore.  Any details would be appreciated! 

Using the latest CUCM 9.1. - I would imagine Cisco must have prior request from customers, wonder why such feature is still missing from BAT.  There are many reasons why BULK RESET DN may be useful.  The alternative is to manual go through each Enduser and click drop down to <none>.  If there are hundreds or thousands, I can't imagine that's feasible.  There has to be a work around, especially for large deployments.

Unless I'm mistaken.  This should have been resolved around 6.x/7.x - wonder why no obvious documentation exist after all this time?

Thanks in advance,

John

8 Replies 8

qsuperqldgovau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi has anyone found a solution to this ? I need to set the User IPCC extension in bulk back to <none> tried many syntaxes without success.

i used this method  to update all my users with their Primary Extension, saved me a lot of work of having to do it one by one. i populated my CSV with the correct values for the Primary Extension field and then deleted all other fields except for User Id and Primary Extension and then uploaded as custom file. havent yet tried this method fro removing entries

rrendonm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the procedure.

Create a csv file with the template included below.

goto

Bulk Administration >> Upload/Download Files

Click Add New

Click Chose File

Search for the file you created earlier

On the Select The Target combo box choose Users

On the Select Transaction Type combo box choose Update Users - Custom File

Click Save

Verify that the Upload was successful

goto

Bulk administration >> Users >> User template

add new

Fill profile User Template Name

Example: "IPCC_EXENSION"

Click Save

goto

Bulk administration >> Users >> Update Users >> Custom File

On the File Name combo box select your file

On the User Template Name select your template

Fill Value for field ignored with "#" without the quotes

On the Job Information section leave the Job Description as it is and check the Run Immediately radio button

Click Submit

File template

USER ID,PASSWORD,MANAGER USER ID,DEPARTMENT,PIN,DEFAULT PROFILE,USER LOCALE,TELEPHONE NUMBER,PRIMARY EXTENSION,ASSOCIATED PC,IPCC EXTENSION,MAIL ID,PRESENCE GROUP,SUBSCRIBE CALLING SEARCH SPACE,DIGEST CREDENTIALS,REMOTE DESTINATION LIMIT,MAXIMUM WAIT TIME FOR DESK PICKUP,ALLOW CONTROL OF DEVICE FROM CTI,ENABLE MOBILITY,ENABLE MOBILE VOICE ACCESS,ENABLE EMCC,DIRECTORY URI,ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 1,CONTROLLED PROFILE 1,CONTROLLED DEVICE 1,CTI CONTROLLED PROFILE 1,MLPP USER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER,MLPP PASSWORD,MLPP PRECEDENCE AUTHORIZATION LEVEL,HOME CLUSTER,ENABLE USER FOR UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCE,UC SERVICE PROFILE

johns,abcde,Daviss,12,12345,johnProfile,English United States,9728135047,9725557154 in EST,johns-pc,9728126675 in WST,johns,Standard Presence group,JohnCSS,johnCredent,4,10000,t,t,t,t,data@uri,CCM Users,johnprofile,SEP1231123245AB,johnProfile,123456789,12345,4,t,t,ucprofile

Here you have 2 options:

1. Use the entire string of field names and use '#' to ignore the fields you do not want to update

USER ID,PASSWORD,MANAGER USER ID,DEPARTMENT,PIN,DEFAULT PROFILE,USER LOCALE,TELEPHONE NUMBER,PRIMARY EXTENSION,ASSOCIATED PC,IPCC EXTENSION,MAIL ID,PRESENCE GROUP,SUBSCRIBE CALLING SEARCH SPACE,DIGEST CREDENTIALS,REMOTE DESTINATION LIMIT,MAXIMUM WAIT TIME FOR DESK PICKUP,ALLOW CONTROL OF DEVICE FROM CTI,ENABLE MOBILITY,ENABLE MOBILE VOICE ACCESS,ENABLE EMCC,DIRECTORY URI,ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 1,CONTROLLED PROFILE 1,CONTROLLED DEVICE 1,CTI CONTROLLED PROFILE 1,MLPP USER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER,MLPP PASSWORD,MLPP PRECEDENCE AUTHORIZATION LEVEL,HOME CLUSTER,ENABLE USER FOR UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCE,UC SERVICE PROFILE

johns,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,9725557154 in EST,#,9728126675 in WST,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#

1. Or delete the fields that you don’t want to update (USER ID is mandatory)

USER ID,PRIMARY EXTENSION,IPCC EXTENSION

johns,9725557154 in EST,9728126675 in WST

Note that Primary Extension and IPCC Extension should be in following format

a. If Partition is not None - 'DirectoryNumber in Partition'

For example, '1000 in EST' where 1000 is DirectoryNumber and EST is Partition

b. If Partition is None - 'DirectoryNumber'

For example, '1000'

ash.upadhyay
Level 1
Level 1

did you actually find a solution to this? I can't Bulk set IPCC extension to <None>. 

Hi I was able to find solution on this issue. Here are the steps I used to resolve it.

1. Create dummy DN which does not overlap with anything with your dial plan

2. Create bulk CSV file using BAT template from CUCM in order to assign this dummy DN as IPCC extensions for the desired users: Below is an example

USER ID,MANAGER USER ID,DEPARTMENT,DEFAULT PROFILE,USER LOCALE,PASSWORD,PIN,TELEPHONE NUMBER,MOBILE NUMBER,HOME NUMBER,PAGER NUMBER,TITLE,PRIMARY EXTENSION,ASSOCIATED PC,IPCC EXTENSION,MAIL ID,PRESENCE GROUP,SUBSCRIBE CALLING SEARCH SPACE,DIGEST CREDENTIALS,REMOTE DESTINATION LIMIT,MAXIMUM WAIT TIME FOR DESK PICKUP,ALLOW CONTROL OF DEVICE FROM CTI,ENABLE MOBILITY,ENABLE MOBILE VOICE ACCESS,ENABLE EMCC,DIRECTORY URI,NAME DIALING,MLPP USER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER,MLPP PASSWORD,MLPP PRECEDENCE AUTHORIZATION LEVEL,HOME CLUSTER,ENABLE USER FOR UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCE,UC SERVICE PROFILE,INCLUDE MEETING INFORMATION IN PRESENCE,SELF-SERVICE USER ID,USER PROFILE,ASSIGNED PRESENCE SERVER
user1,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,111111,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#
user2,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,111111,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#,#

3. Upload the CSV file in CUCM

4. Go to BULK >> Users >> Update users >> Custom file

5.  Select the file which we've just uploaded

6. Enter # for Value for fields to be ignored

7. Run the Bulk job and check for any errors

8. If all is fine you should see the users already have the dummy dn (in my case 111111) as IPCC extension

9. Now go to Call Routing >> Directory number >> lookup this dummy DN 111111 and just delete it

10. Go to User Administration >> End user >> find your user and and verify if the IPCC extensions are removed from your users

And the last most important step >> Have a beer!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the workaround!

Please note the above workaround works only for local end users. I'm still checking if there is any way to do that on LDAP synced users.

With the help of Cisco TAC we have found a solution for LDAP users as well. I've tested the steps below and it worked just fine. Basically it's the same idea as the workaround for local users. We just need to do small changes to the steps so please follow the exact steps below to have this done:

1- Create dummy DN which does not overlap with anything with your dial plan (for example:) 111111
2- Export users you want to change. A list with users can be provided by UCCX admin.
3- Remove all the columns in the csv file of exported users except two columns  (User ID and IPCC extension), only keep this two columns. Replace the IPCC Extension with the dummy DN that you’ve added in step-1 (in our example change  it to 111111).

For example:

-----------------

USER ID, IPCC EXTENSION
nralchev,111111
Abarquero,111111

4- Upload this file to call manager, and then use the option Users >> Update Users >> Custom file

5 -Run the bat job and then check if it has passed successfully
6- Go to end users and you will notice that IPCC in the configuration of the LDAP synced user 111111
7- Go to Directory number menu in CUCM and just delete the dummy DN (111111) from CUCM

8. Go to end user configuration and you will see the IPCC extension is set to <none>

Best Regards,

Nik