Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Edit for Message Notification time of Day Schedule

Is there a method using the bulk edit tool where I can modify the time of day schedule for the message notification. I need to update about 400+ mailboxes and a bulk edit tool or method would be prefered.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Bulk Edit for Message Notification time of Day Schedule

No - I didn't include schedules for all the notification devices in BulkEdit - I can help you update the devices with an SQL query if you like, though. If you just want to change, say, all user's pager devices to be active for a particular schedule, that's pretty easy. Let me know what you want to do specifically and I can generate an update query you can run in CUDLE for this.

I need to change the schedule on the work phones for approx 400 devices. The device extension numbers all begin w/ 14 and I need to set the schedule to 24 hours a day and to repeat the notification if there are still new messages every 10 minutes.

Cisco Employee

OK - 24 hours a day and 7 days a week? or just weekdays?

A query for all work phones that start with 14 and set this should be easy enough - I'll work on this after my 8am meeting. Let me know if it's 24/5 or 24/7.

It will be 24/7

Thanks for your help

Cisco Employee

sorry - I got dragged into a couple things. Just tested out the query a bit - it's a bit more complicated than I figured since the info spans two tables (notification devices and notification rules), but it still works. The query only updates the rule if it's the work phone rule, it's active and the existing notification number starts with "14" - should be pretty safe but it's always a good idea to snag a DiRT backup real quick (no need to get messages) before you start just in case.

Just fire up CUDLE (you'll find this in Tools Depot on your desktop) - under View, select "Query Builder" and enter the following query into the edit window and select 'Execute'.:

UPDATE NotificationRule

SET NotificationRule.DlvRuleSchedule='7f00002400', NotificationRule.DlvRuleRepeatInterval='10', NotificationRule.DlvRuleRepeatNotify='1'

FROM NotificationDevice INNER JOIN NotificationRule

ON NotificationDevice.ParentObjectId=NotificationRule.ParentObjectId

WHERE NotificationDevice.alias = 'Work Phone' AND NotificationDevice.DlvDeviceActive = 1 AND NotificationDevice.DlvDevicePhoneNumber LIKE '14%' AND NotificationRule.Alias='Work Phone Rule'

As stated in your note I went to CUDLE and looked under view and did not have "Query Builder" as a choice. Am I looking in the right place

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content