cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk edit in Connection 7.x Use Voice Recognition Input Style

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anyone figure out what is the magic trick to bulk edit to turn this feature on for subscribers? I cant find it in the bulk edit tool, or maybe it's not available?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tommer,

Sadly, this is not available via Bulk Edit (as we have discovered). This clip speaks to this (very briefly :)

As applicable, do the procedures in this section for user accounts, or for a template that you can use to create user accounts. When you modify multiple accounts at once, you can select a touchtone conversation, but you cannot specify whether users hear the voice-recognition conversation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac040.html#wp1273985

If you change this at the COS level and add this functionality the current members of this COS will have the "Use Voice Recognition Input Style" turned on (checked) but this is probably not where you were looking to change this.

To Allow COS Members a License to Access and Use the Voice-Recognition Feature

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the COS that you want to change, or create a new one.

Step 2 On the Edit Class of Service page, under Licensed Features, check the Allow Users to Access Voice Recognition or Text to Speech for E-Mail check box.

Step 3 Under Features, check the Allow Users to Use Voice Recognition check box.

Step 4 Click Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac050.html#wpxref85803

Hope this helps!

Rob

Right, it allows them in the COS, but does not check the box on the user Phone Menu. So if I have 100 subscribers, I have to click on every single subscriber to check that one box. Dumb dumb dumb. Lucky I just built this. Im going to delete them, then re-add them with the template applied.

Hey Tommer,

Try the change on the COS first. On our build, when this is changed via the COS it does check the Checkbox on the User Phone Menu page as well :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

In the COS, I unchecked the box, saved, then checked the box and saved. Users did not up on the phone menus.

Hey Tcat,

Sorry about that! This is the way it's working on our UC 7 (EFT) build.I just tried once again to verify. I'll have to find out what has changed. This does highlight the need for building the COS/Template User relationship with everything we want in the first go. Which we are trying to perfect as we speak :)

Cheers!

Rob

Is there a fix for this? I have over 1000 users that I need to edit.

TIA

I'm running 7.1(3b)SU2 and this is not included in the bulk edit utility so things remain the same.  Depending on what you're willing to do, you could potentially use COBRAS to get some functionality here but you'd want to test to make sure things out.  Essentially, you'd have to wipe out and rebuild (i.e., import) users from COBRAS or make the changes to CoS and Subscriber template and re-import via COBRAS.  You can choose to overwrite users but you'd need to check to see if the users imported don't just get reimported with the flag unchecked.  Other than that, you'll be doing this manually for now - unless there is a tool I don't know about.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: