Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bulk Edit & Transfer Options

I'm on 4.0(4)SR1 & running Bulk Edit 4.0(71).

I'm using 10 digits in Unity, and 4 in CallManager - not my 1st choice - but it's working with the voicemail profile mask just fine. Bulk Edit has the ability to append digits from the left or right for the transfer extension - would it be just as easy to remove these digits from the left? As it stands I can't find a way to modify the transfer extension en masse - I need to remove the 1st 6 digits of the extension in Unity. Or is this such an oddity that should be dealt with by editing SQL?

I have another issue with the MWI extension because of the same problem - I'd like to be able to use the last 4 digits of the ext, then prepend a couple more. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Beau

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Bulk Edit & Transfer Options

Hi Beau:

How are you?

In Bulk Edit select the Extension tab. Select Strip off all but the right most and change the value of Digits to 4.

Another alternative is to use bulk edit to create a 4-digit alternate extension. Click on the Alt. Extensions tab. Select Strip off all but the right most and change the value of Digits to 4.

If the Extension is 4-digits in the Subcriber Profile page, then mwi will dial the 4-digit number, so unless you changed the X to 10-digit numbers, you should not have to do anything else.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content