cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Business Edition 3000 - Automated Attendant

b.gamble
Level 1
Level 1

I'm considering BE3000 for a customer. I've never worked with it, so I'm trying to research its features as compared to CUCM.

I've read throught the Admin and User guides and found a few videos on YouTube; however, I still have some questions.

Are there any call handlers in the AA? It says it's based on Unity Connection, but it looks as though you can only do a generic greeting and forward inbound calls to an extension. Is there no way to have at least one row of call handlers?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity connection does have a tree based call routing system that you can design on routing rules. yes it does have call handlers that can party greetings take caller input and route the calls according to the inputs.

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I'm familiar with Unity Connection on BE6000 and full CallManager platforms. And you would think that if BE3000's voice messaging system were based on Unity Connection that it'd have the same or similar functionality. However, this video suggests otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCOp_dGWsnI

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks, Rob. That pretty much summed it up. I thought I searched this forum yesterday, but clearly my search skills are lacking.

Sounds to me like BE3000 can't run full CUCM/CUC so they need to be careful which features they turn on.

Someone mentioned in one of the threas you posted that CME is far cheaper than BE3000 and I found the opposite to be true.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I find it kind of odd as well! But I guess BE3000 does answer the "niche"

for certain segments of the market A single AA is hard to fathom though.....

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: