cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Ring Tone

cisco7912
Level 1
Level 1

When i am on the call either its Internal / External. In between if someone call?s me I can see the popup on my phone screen but the user who is calling to me doesn?t know that I am already on the call, so here what we want is that if when any user is on the call and same time if anyone call him, he should listen engage tone.

Any GURU'S Help me OUT..

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm assuming you're using Callmanager. If so:

1. Go to Callmanger administration

2. Click Device -> Phone

3. Find the phone for which you want to change this behavior.

4. Click the DN configured for the phone.

5. Set the Busy Trigger to 1.

If you have a large number of phones to setup, you can use BAT to configure them in bulk.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hi Brandon - Do you know if it's possible to set "Busy Trigger" value clusterwide in a service settings ??

/Kenneth

kkc@kmd.dk - CCVP

No, these settings are per device only, but you could use BAT to update all DNs and effectively make the change cluseterwide.

Brandon

I have the same problem in CME 4.1 ,

I want to know if your solution work in CCM ?

is there any solution to the same problem but in CME ?

Hi Moutasem,

I think this is because the DN's are set up as dual-line you need to add the following (huntstop channel command). Have a look;

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 103 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 103

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

From this CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080611350.html#wp1056194

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear Rob,

I know the huntstop config .. but my scnario is ike this :

ephone-dn 103 dual line

so if a call come to this dual line and answerd... during this call i get another call and it will appear on my phone and i can chose to answer .. the problem is the second call..

how the person who make the second call knows that iam engaged with another call.

if i use huntstop the sewcond call will be busy ,and i dont know about it,

i want the second call still waiting on my phone and the person who called the second call know iam engaged with another call .

k_clausen
Level 1
Level 1

I can't see on this post if it's a CCMx or a real CallManager. Anyway the answer for CCMx someone already has posted an answer for.

In CallManager, you have to change the Busy-Trigger and Maximum Number Of Calls setting under the line of a phone so that you only receive one call and the next will be a busy tone for the caller. Set Busy Trigger to 1 - The setting of Maximum Number Of Call depend on shared lines etc. (read the doc for further description)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Moutasem,

I,see, so what you are after is if you are on a call, that the second Incoming call is Queued Up and given a recording that indicates that you are on the phone etc.

This would be an excellent feature for sure. Sadly, there is no way to configure this at this time :(

Sorry my friend!

Rob

Thanks alot Rob , I will till my customer tommorrow,

thanks again ;)