Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Busy signals trying to access Voicemail

A couple times a day my users get a busy signal when they try to access their voice mail. We only have 35 employees so I doubt that many are trying to access VM at the same time. We are running Callmanger 4 with Unity 4

New to VoIP so I need to know where to start looking.

TIA,

Gary

5 REPLIES

Re: Busy signals trying to access Voicemail

Hi Gary -

Welcome to VoIP,and CallManager and Unity - great applications!! Here are some preliminary things to check:

- Unity ports - 75% of your ports should be configured for Answer, the remaining 25% to MWI dial-out, TRaP, and Message notification. You want to make sure you have adequate ports answering up for subscribers

- Unity integration with CallManager - UTIM in Unity Tools Depot - there should be the same number of ports configured as there are Voicemail ports configured on your CallManager.

- Another place to check is your line group in CallManager. Hunt options for no answer and busy should be "Try next member, then try next group in Hunt list. Make sure all ports in CallManager are in the same partition.

- Are all of your Unity voicemail ports showing registered in CallManager - you can see the IP address of your Unity server? Go to Feature - VoiceMail - Voicemail port to check the status. Click on the Find button

- Any errors showing in your application event log - Unity server - when this happens? Same for your CallManager - you'd want to check the CallManager subscriber where the IP phones are registered to.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Re: Busy signals trying to access Voicemail

Hi Gary -

Welcome to VoIP,and CallManager and Unity - great applications!! Here are some preliminary things to check:

- Unity ports - 75% of your ports should be configured for Answer, the remaining 25% to MWI dial-out, TRaP, and Message notification. You want to make sure you have adequate ports answering up for subscribers

- Unity integration with CallManager - UTIM in Unity Tools Depot - there should be the same number of ports configured as there are Voicemail ports configured on your CallManager.

- Another place to check is your line group in CallManager. Hunt options for no answer and busy should be "Try next member, then try next group in Hunt list. Make sure all ports in CallManager are in the same partition.

- Are all of your Unity voicemail ports showing registered in CallManager - you can see the IP address of your Unity server? Go to Feature - VoiceMail - Voicemail port to check the status. Click on the Find button

- Any errors showing in your application event log - Unity server - when this happens? Same for your CallManager - you'd want to check the CallManager subscriber where the IP phones are registered to.

Sincerely,

Ginger

New Member

Re: Busy signals trying to access Voicemail

Ginger,

I was able to find UTIM & saw that all 16 ports were enabled for Answer, MWI, TRaP & Message Notification. I disabled Answer on the last 4 ports.

I can't seem to find where to look at the Unity ports you mentioned. I am guessing it is on the Unity box. Please help.

Working through the rest of your suggestions now.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: Busy signals trying to access Voicemail

Hi Gary -

- For accessing the Unity ports, you can look at the Unity SA web - http://unityservername/web/sa. On the hyperlinks on the left side of the SA web, you will see (down towards the botton), System - Ports.

- For CallManager to view the voicemail ports, you need to login to ccmadmin - https://callmanagerpublisher/ccmadmin using a CCMUser account that has the correct access rights in CallManager. On the CCMAdmin page, select Feature - Voice mail - Voice mail port. Without selecting any search criteria, click the Find button. This will bring up all voice mail ports defined on the CallManager. You want to confirm your ports are all registered with your CallManager - Look at the status column. Any port that does not have your CallManager server IP address here is unregistered and would account for not all of your ports being available to answer calls.

16 ports for 35 users should be more than adequate. We ran 600-800 users on a 24-port system and the voice port hunt list never reached passed port 9 or 10 during busy hours. We just recently went to 32 ports.

Ginger

New Member

Re: Busy signals trying to access Voicemail

I went through all your suggestions & the only one that applied was the first one. I had all 16 ports configured for Answer & the others. I changed Answer to listen to 12 ports. The remaining 4 ports are for MWI, TRaP & Msg. Notification.

I could not find any info in the event log for these errors.

Since I made the change yesterday, i have had only 1 report of the problem at 10:47 today & I looked in the event log & can find nothing mentioned around this time.

What I do see in the security logs of event viewer on Unity is that the account CCMSysUser's password has expired. I looked in Active Directory & the account is set to never expire. On the CallManager box the error is in the application log of event viewer & it says: kCtiProviderOpenFailure - CTI Application failed to open provider.

LoginUser ID: CCMSysUser

405
Views
0
Helpful
5
Replies
CreatePlease to create content