Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bypassing message type menu in Unity

All Subscribers have their "Message Type Menu" enabled in the Conversation tab (under "Before playing messages, play"). Some users want to be able to login to their mailbox, and press 11 to go right to their New Voice messages.

The first 1 can be pressed right away during the main menu greeting. However, users can not press the 2nd "1" until the recording "New messages..." is heard for at least a couple of seconds. I suppose some of the subscribers are in such hurry that they can't wait, but this is something I've been asked to figure out.

I've looked into alternate or custom conversations, as well as all the Advanced Settings options (in Tools Depot), but didn't see a way to bypass this greeting righ away.

Is there anyway to get this to work? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joseph

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Bypassing message type menu in Unity

What version of Unity are you running?

I believe the behavior here may be slightly different in 4.1 than in earlier versions of 4.x - I'll have to run some tests against your version to compare, but I'll need to know what that is.

Jeff,

We're running Unity 4.0.(5) here. Please let me know if you think there is a way to get around this.

Thanks,

Joseph

Cisco Employee

Testing against 4.2 (in development) pressing 11 once you hear your voice name when signing in you get right to new messages - no need to wait.

I need to get a 4.0(5) system setup to test it and I'm working on another couple items on the 4.2 system first - I'll try to get to this later today.

Thanks Jeff. I'll wait to hear from you on a possible work-around. If not, then we'll have to live with it as is.

Regards,

Joseph E.

Cisco Employee

Not sure if maybe I'm not understanding your key press sequence or something is being lost here but in 4.0(5) when I turn on message type menu I can dial "11" as soon as it says my name or starts spitting out the message count or whatever and it takes me right to the new message stack. the 2nd "1" is not dropped.

unless I'm missing something?

Cisco Employee

Ah, wait - I think I see. If you press "1" and then wait just long enough for it to start saying "new messages..." and then press "1" again, it's ignoring input while the "new messages" phrase is being played.

This is an easy one line script change I just tested out - I have an updated version of the SubNewMsgStack.cde script file you can drop onto your system if you like (no restart or reboot needed, it'll take effect on the fly). It'll be wiped out by an upgrade but in this case that's moot since the same fix is already in 4.1 and later.

If you'd like to drop this change on there, ping me off line and I'll shoot you the script - lindborg at cisco dot com.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content