Views
Helpful
Replies

Call billing

ali16122012
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

In my company they are willing to get call record with all last year calls have been received or placed, and we are using CUCM7 and i have no idea how to get this information, so i did some searches and i found that there is CUCM service called CDR that my help, i found this service activated "serviceability" but it is CDR enable flag set to false in service parameter, now i have two question

- is there is another way to get requested information

- how to setup a billig server ? and what is the correct way to make it ? and which software is recommended for this setup ?

Thanks                

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
is there is another way to get requested information

Not from CUCM. Your provider may be able to provide this to you or it may be on your monthly statements from the provider.

how to setup a billig server ? and what is the correct way to make it ? and which software is recommended for this setup ?

The billing server is just an SFTP server where CUCM exports a flat-file of the data. You either need to parse and deal with it as you wish; or, purchase software from an ecosystem partner who will provide you a pre-built application/GUI. There are dozens of options on this front, just do a bit of searching.

Note, there is also a built-in application called CDR Analysis and Reporting; however, it isn't viable for long-term reporting. It's database is limited in space and even moderate systems aren't likely to be able to keep 30-60 days worth of data. In addition, the reporting ability is really quite rudimentary. IMO it's there mostly to check a box on an RFP.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello,

you can also use FTP protocol in order to collect the CDRs. But remember that the connection hast to be established during CUCM setup and CDR enable flag must be set to true. Otherwise the CDRs won't be sent at all.

As for the billing software, I recomend to follow this link: http://www.2ring.com/ca to get better overview about one of possible solutions. 2Ring has really powerfull reporting and can obviously offer much more.

In case of any question, ask via this thread or contact me directly.

Regards,

Martin

Hello,

there is a certified call accounting and billing software directly available through Cisco pricelist:

https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/companies/imagicle-spa-formerly-stonevoice

Regards.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: