Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward/divert for a DDI range

Lucky19th
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have a DDI range in the office which needs to be diverted out back to the PSTN to another DDI range.

We have CCM 4.1 with a ISDN30 for a PSTN connection,

Detail:

I know I could enter the destination full DDI number on each DN we have but I was hoping to achieve the same on the whole DDI range and saving myself lot of hassle. Also the Phones will be removed from the site with only the CCM servers and the ISDN circuit left in place.

For example I need to forward

All numbers inbound to call manager back out to the PSTN with just the first 6 digits changed and leave the last 2 digits the same

If you need more details to understand then please ask.

Appreicate your help/comments/questions.

Regards

NA

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could accomplish this with a voice translation rule if using an H.323 gateway. You could also configure a translation pattern if using MGCP.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi NA,

If it were me I would engage your Telco/provider to assist with a change like this.

They can do the number Diversion/Translation at the CO and save the calls coming

in via your E1 and just route them to the new location. This way the E1 could be recovered

to save some dollar$. Don't forget with the method you are thinking of using, that each call

will chew up 2 Channels (1 incoming and 1 outgoing) on the E1 which means only 15

simultaneous calls will be accepted.

Cheers!

Rob

Great points, Rob!

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: