Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Call Forward/Unity greeting

I have forwarded my IP ext to ring another IP ext after 3 rings (in call manager), If the other IP ext doesnot pick up the call my greeting plays, the

greeting of the other IP ext should play, Is there anyway to configure this.

Re: Call Forward/Unity greeting

The original CALLED party number is used when forwarding calls to VM by default.

You can fix this a number a ways. Using a custom VM profile, or setting up a call routing rule on Unity to send the call to a certain subscriber/call handler, etc when a call comes in for x number. Open up call viewer on the unity server and then make your call to see what numbers are being seen on the unity server to better create the routing rule.

You can also put an alternate extension on the subscriber profile but that may not work well.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Avinash,

This is a very common question that comes up all the time, and as of now if you are using Unity or Avaya voicemail this is working as expected.There is hope coming in Unity 5.0 though :)

Have a look at Michael's excellent posts, there is a fix on the horizon for this exact problem in (Unity 5.0),(ECSBU Test Engineer, CISCO SYSTEMS )

"The situation you describe here (getting Unity to recognize the last forwarding station rather than the first forwarding station), will be a system-wide option added to Unity 5.0. There is not a way to do this with a configuration setting on earlier versions of Unity. I'm not aware of any CallManager settings that will address this issue either."

"We use the OriginalCalledParty and OriginalCdpnRedirectReason fields in SCCP StationCallInfo message from CallManager. The feature in Unity 5.0 will allow admin to configure Unity to look at LastRedirectingParty and LastRedirectingReason fields instead, on a system-wide basis."

From this recent thread;

Also, here is another reference to this exact question with an answer from THE Unity Guru Jeff Lindborg;

Hope this helps!

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Yes, as already stated on the posts this is working as designed a possible workaround will be the following:

1. Open CM Admin page, select Feature > Voice Mail > Voicemail Profile

2. Add a new Voicemail Profile, give it any name.

3. Choose the same 'Voice Mail Pilot' as currently being used.

4. Set the 'Voice Mail Box Mask' as the second DN .

5. Now save this Voicemail Profile.

6. Select option Device > Phone, and select the IP Phone which is forwarded (the

original called number).

7. Goto Line Configuration of his extension.

8. Choose the newly created Voicemail Profile for this extension.

The problem with this configuration is that the original called number will lose his VM

and always will go to the second phone VM.

CreatePlease to create content