cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call FWD from Cell Phone to Unity

adam.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I have several users that are trying to call forward their cell phones to Unity. I have added there Cell phone numbers to the Alternate Extension list, and everything appears to be working.

On several occasions, I have been told that when someone calls the cell phone they are getting the Unity default greeting instead of the Users personal greeting.

After some investigation I noticed that even though the MGCP gateways contained all the correct Called and Calling party information in the Q931 trace, the Call Viewer on Unity shows that Called party number field is either empty, or the first 2 digits have been stripped from the 10 digit number.

Has anyone seen this before.

Current Versions:

Unity 4.0.4sr1

TSP 7.0(4)

Callmanager 4.0

2 Replies 2

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you've already verified the call info in the gateway, i would suggest continuing to follow it through the call flow. Sounds like it is getting dropped (or partially dropped) somewhere along the line. Next step might be to look at CCM traces, compare what it sees from the gateway with what it sends (via Skinny) to Unity. If that checks out then you'll want to look at the Unity diags. I've never seen Unity drop valid call info that it gets from CCM though so I suspect it is getting lost somewhere upstream.

Also, inaddition to ensuring the call has the correct Redirecting ID, you'll need to verify that it is flagged as a Forwarded call when presented to Unity. Calls flagged as Direct will be handled differently.

-Eric

clagos
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you are trying to forward cell phone calls to their Unity voicemail box so they can check messages in one place.

An alternate extension will allow me to leave a message for a co-worker from my cell phone and show my name in the Message From instead of the caller ID. This allows the co-worker to reply to my VM since it correctly identifies me as the original caller and not an unidentified caller.

The cell phone service provider will likely forward the ANI of the calling party, not the dialed #/cell phone number.

I would forward the cell phone to the DN of the employee and let the call roll to VM like normal. If you want the calls to go directly to VM you can forward the DN to VM or setup another DN for that purpose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: