Views
Helpful
Replies

Call goes directly to VM

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I have a user who's phone when every they receive an incoming call when they are currently on the phone the call goes to VM.I thought that it was a duplicate number or the multiple call/ call waiting settings but those are all correct. If anyone may have an idea of what would cause this I would greatly appreciate your help.

Eric

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

Generally this would happen if the "Busy Trigger" for the line/DN in question is set at 1.

Cheers!

Rob

Correct

But the setting are set to 2, that was one of the first things I looked at

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

OK.....is this a "shared Line"? If so, did you check the Busy trigger for all DN appearances? The other thing it could be is that the DN is still listed as an unassigned DN in the dB and the busy trigger is set at 1 in there.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/71440-ccm4x-unassigned-dns.html#anc6

Cheers!

Rob

Unfortunately this user works in accounting and her DN is just on her phone. I'll just open a TAC case tomorrow because this is one I've never seen before.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

TAC is always a great option :) Sorry I couldn't have been more help here!

The only other thing I can think of is that the calls are routing via a call handler/directory handler and her voicemail transfer setting is configured for "route directly to VM" rather than "ring phone"

Best of luck!

Rob