cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Action

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, is there a way to get a Call Handler's assigned action to do different things based on the time of day? I want a Call Handler as an auto-attendant to answer calls and if a caller presses 1 then the call gets routed to extension 100 (or to Call Handler A). This should happen M-F 9-5. Easy enough. But want I also want is for that same Call Handler to answer calls during off hours but during off hours when a caller presses 1 the call gets routerd to extension 200 (or to Call Handler B. I know I can do it with multiple Call Handlers but I am trying to keep an install as clean and simple as possible.

Thanks in advance. All replies rated

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, the key mappings aren't specific to the schedule, like greetings and transfer schedule are. So there's one set of key mappings regardless of the time. So you'd need to use multiple call handlers for something like this.

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

You can setup Call Handler B with a schedule and then B can ring what ever subscriber or transfer the call where ever you want according to the schedule.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: