Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Handler Dialing

Is there a way to dial a non-subscriber extension while in a call hander? I have an office where phones aren't associated with specific user, and these phones don't have DID numbers associated either. For instance a hall phone might have extension 3010, an internal extension. They'd like to be able to dial a general number, then from the call handler dial 3010 and be transferred to the hall phone. I don't want to burn up a Unity subscriber for this, but it appears the call handler won't transfer to a generic DN. I would have thought that standard Call Manager best match was happening here.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Handler Dialing

setup the hall phone extn 3010 as a Internet Subscriber.

H. M.

Cisco Employee

Re: Call Handler Dialing

Call handlers can transfer to any number you like - in fact the transfer options you see for subscribers are provided by a call handler (called a "primary call handler") that's associated with the subscriber - the code and database entries and conversation that do the transfers are all identical across subscribers and call handlers.

You can use call handlers to do what you want here no problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content