cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler, Ignore Key, Default Opening Greeting

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

I have an auto attendant (call handler) on Unity 4.05. For simplification let's say there is only 1 option. This is number 4 to get the directory. All other keys are set to Ignore but are not locked. If during the greeting someone presses one of these keys, unity responds with "I did not recognize that as a valid entry". At this point the caller is sent to the Default Opening Greeting. If I lock the keys to ignore, Unity ignore the key input altogether, but then callers that know someone's extension cannot dial it. I would like to not lock the keys, but when someone presses one of the keys set to ignore, after the "I didn't...." message I would rather the caller be sent back to the previous call handler, not the Default opening greeting. I cannot seem to find where to control this.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Adam

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be done by editing the error greeting (which is not exposed by default). The error greeting out of the box for all handlers and subscribers goes to the opening greeting call handler.

You can expose the error greeting in the SA interface using the Advanced Settings tool. You can also use BulkEdit to do the for all your handlers and subscribers if you like - there's a special option called "loop back to self" for the error greeting option that's made just for this type of thing.

Jeff,

Thanks, will look into doing this. I appreciate the quick reply!

Adam

On our Unity 4.0.5, do have "error" greeting option visible now, but don't see the "loop" option.

Where do I find that?

Thanks

In Bulk Edit Tool

--
-Mark Turpin