cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Message Length

f-leuchter
Level 1
Level 1

How can I change the 30 second default recording length for a call handler greeting?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if you mean the greeting or the message length since you used one in your title and another in your body...

the greeting length is dictated by the Class of Service of the subscriber changing the greeting (this is not set on the call handler).

I suspect you're seeing a 30 second message length because you have the demo license for Unity - all recordings are hard coded to 30 seconds across the boards with the demo license. You have to get a full license before you can add more than a few users, record more than 30 seconds, use features like Bridge or AMIS integrations etc...

if that's not the case, can you clarify what you're running into here?

I have a client who recently upgraded from 4.0X to 4.1. They say that the call handler greeting is limited to 30 seconds. They have many users so I'm pretty sure that they are not using a demo license but I will check just the same. thanks - Fred

The length of a greeting (the message that plays to callers when they hit a call handler) is set in the Class of Service of the user making the change to the greeting. This doesn't get changed on an upgrade but you can look at it anyway.