Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Call handler reports

I've runned a couple of reports but where do I find the report documant I just generated?

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call handler reports

All report output ends up in \commserver\reports

Also, if you were logged in as an admin who's account is tied to a mailbox, that mailbox should have gotten an email with a link to the report output when it's complete.

Community Member

I found the folder.

I didn't receive an email of this report. I am the admin. How do I validate the parameters are coorect for automatic email of reports?

Thanks

Bronze

In order to receive an email notification when the report is finished, the account that you used to log on to the Unity System Administrator (the SA) when you ran the report must also be a Unity subscriber. Following is the release note enclosure from CSCdw24271:

Symptom:

After report creation is finished, the notification email does not go to the administrator's (report creator) Exchange mailbox or Domino mail file, as applicable.

Condition:

This has been observed when the account used to run the report is not a Cisco Unity subscriber.

Workaround:

Either create a subscriber account using a Class of Service that has system access to the Cisco Unity Administrator and use that account to run reports, or run GrantUnityAccess to associate the domain account with a subscriber account that has system access to the Cisco Unity Administrator.

More Information:

GrantUnityAccess is a command-line utility on the Cisco Unity server. To associate a Windows domain account with a Cisco Unity subscriber account, enter:

GrantUnityAccess -u \ -s

To display information about these and other arguments, enter:

GrantUnityAccess -?

Refer to the Cisco Unity System Administration Guide for more information on the GrantUnityAccess utility.

Hope that solves the problem.

Nancy

Community Member

Unity 4.1.1

Voicemail only.

Subscriber has account and SA permissions for reports.

They can run the report but NEVER receive email notifying them as Unity doesn't know about their "real" email account.

Therefore, How does a subscriber that runs a report know that the report is finished and how to access it?

I tried running the grantunityaccess but DOS complained about not recognizing it as a program.

Lee

Hi Lee -

How did you execute the grantunityaccess program? You can go to Unity Tools Depot, drill down to Diagnostic Tools, and double-click on the program there. It should open a command prompt with the correct directory mapping c:\commserver>

Ginger

Community Member

Hi Ginger,

I attempted to set up my own domain account and all I get is "Could not get SID for user..."

(As to the Program not found) It's just a path problem. Cange to the comserver subdirectory and it works.

Lee

Hi -

Perhaps replication delay after setting up your domain account and Unity being able to obtain the SID? Here are two different syntax options for running the Grantunityaccess utility:

1. GrantUnityAccess -u domain\account -s Installer (The installer account is a special account that always has administration rights but is not created in the directory. It is local to the SQL database only. This command gives the domain\account full administrative rights to the SA).

2. Create a Class of Service that has the specific SA priviledges you want to grant. Create a Unity subscriber, for this example called test, and apply the COS to user test. Run the grantunityaccess utility with the syntax GrantUnityAccess -u domain\account -s test. Your account will get the same SA priviledges as user test. An old reference, but still applicable - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094b84.shtml

Let us know if this is still a problem for you.

Ginger

Community Member

Ginger,

There isn't a "problem" with giving subscribers access to SA for running the reports. The "problem" is they don't get notification that the report is completed. Unity has no clue what their "email" account name is or where it's located. This is a VM ONLY installation.

Lee

Bronze

Lee,

The email notification will be sent to the mailbox of the subscriber who ran the report. In a VM-only installation, this is the same Exchange mailbox that Unity sends voice messages to, not the mailbox that the subscriber uses for email. Use Outlook Express (http:///exchange) to logon to voice mail mailbox and you should see the email notification.

All my test systems are licensed for UM, so I can't test this anytime soon, but here's another thought - in the Unity SA, go to the Subscribers > Message Notification page of the subscriber who runs the reports. See if you can set up a notification when the subscriber receives an email. I'm pretty sure that even though Unity is licensed for VM-only, you can still set up a notification for when an email is received in the subscriber's mailbox.

Nancy

Bronze

The reports are in the CommServer\Reports directory on the Unity server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content