cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 8.0 Publisher Disaster Recovery

Richard Dumag
Level 1
Level 1

The publisher needs to be rebuilt due to failed drives.  There are 2 subscriber servers but only the publisher was setup for backup.

After looking at the backup files, seems like backup had stopped working 2 months ago.

If I rebuild the publisher and restore the 2 month old backup data, how will this affect the subscribers?

Will the subscriber database revert back to the 2 month old config once replication is setup with publisher?

Is it possible to replicate the subscriber database to the publisher since the subscriber has a copy of the most current database?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

Please see the below link for similar kind of issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2237354?tstart=0

Thankyou.

Hi Sasikumar,

I have seen the link earlier but it only applies to CM version 8.5+.  We are still on version 8.0.

That is why I posted this question. 

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

You can use the two months old good backup. It will be successfully replicated to the subscribers. The only catch is that any configuration changes that were made in the past couple of months won't be reflected after the DRS restore. You are correct, it is not possible to restore a Cisco Unified Communications Manager publisher database from a subscriber backup until you are running version 8.5 or higher.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Would those changes include adding of phones?  The only changes I can think of in the last couple of months would be the adding of phones.  No systems changes that I can think of.

Let me know.  Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Those changes would be lost.

Manish

Thanks Manish.  One more question. 

Does the license needs to be installed after the publisher is rebuilt and before running DRS for the restore?

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

License upload needs to be done after DRS restore.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: