cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager ipt phone displayed not enough bandwidth

auraycats
Level 1
Level 1

my shop has an intermittent problem, user presses message, cannot connect to Unity and ipt phone displys not enough bandwidth. I reset the phone/ext the voice mail connection/greeting comes back. who knows the possible root cause and resolution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The message indicates that there is not enough bandwidth between the phone's Location and the voicemail port Location. It's a CallManager setting, make sure that your configuration is accurate to represent the proper Call Admission Control (CAC).

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The message indicates that there is not enough bandwidth between the phone's Location and the voicemail port Location. It's a CallManager setting, make sure that your configuration is accurate to represent the proper Call Admission Control (CAC).

HTH,

Chris

chris, what is the best throughput/guidance in the configuration for CAC?

The available bandwidth between the branch site and the HQ.

So, if the link is for example Frame Relay with 512 kbps CIR, and you decide to dedicate 50 % of it to voice, using g.729 codec that gives you 256/28~ 9 calls.

CallManager assumes 24 kbps for g.729 call, so the remote branch location should be set to 9 * 24 = 216, and the VM ports should not be assigned to any location (assuming Unity is at HQ site).

You can also implemenent AAR to re-route the calls via PSTN (if feasible) when the bandwidth is exhausted.

Take a look at CCM SRND doc for more details:

wwww.cisco.com/go/srnd

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

the problem has been resolved. the cause was Call manager voice port location was (none). The system confused to find the right location after we added new location for voip failed over. I created a new location for call manager voice port to Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: