Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager Upgrade

Hi all

I have a user who wants me to upgrade their CM Publisher form 7 to 8. I'm gonig to download the cisco documentation on upgrading to 8 but I wanted to know is there anytyhing that I will need to do before hand as to not miss anything in the process and they only have one box.Thanks in advance for any help and have a great day.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Call Manager Upgrade

If you're going to 8.6 yes, read the upgrade info which is contained in the RNs about the cop file that needs to be installed and USB drives.

If you're going up to 8.5 the procedures is straight forward, get the upgrade image and use the install/upgrade option from OS admin.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Call Manager Upgrade

In addition do not forget to obtain the Feature license, which you will require valid UCSS contract for and request it via PUT tool. Also, make sure your hardware supports the new version. All of this information is laid out for you in the upgrade/install guide and release notes.

Also, don't forget to ensure your other applications if you have any are compatible.

HTH,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Call Manager Upgrade

If you're going to 8.6 yes, read the upgrade info which is contained in the RNs about the cop file that needs to be installed and USB drives.

If you're going up to 8.5 the procedures is straight forward, get the upgrade image and use the install/upgrade option from OS admin.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Call Manager Upgrade

In addition do not forget to obtain the Feature license, which you will require valid UCSS contract for and request it via PUT tool. Also, make sure your hardware supports the new version. All of this information is laid out for you in the upgrade/install guide and release notes.

Also, don't forget to ensure your other applications if you have any are compatible.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content